Friday 15 June 2007

On Release Today

Yes, it's time for more Friday releases. Pictures on main release this week are:
  • Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer

I'm confused about this movie. The first trailer was great, and it looked very promising. But someway between there and now I lost all confidence for this film - I don't know why; it just didn't look very good. Suddenly I'm a bit more interested. It seems kinda cool to have a superhero movie with no dark undertones or political themes. Just a simple bash-em' up with super powers. It's probably going to break all scientific laws with its logic, but no-one can deny that the Silver Surfer himself looks incredible. All screen shots of him are just mind-blowing. I'll review when [or if] I see it...

  • Vacancy

I kinda like this movie's premise - couple in a motel, watch horror videos, realise they arein the room in which movies are set etc. It sounds like a pretty good B-Movie story, but with pretty much every teen horror/thriller, no matter what the story is like, they are never any good. I probably won't be going to see this at the cinema as it feels like it'd be a waste of time and money - if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.

  • Grow Your Own

I don't know too much about this, apart from it's a British comedy set in the world of gardening. Reviews haven't been fantastic, but might be worth a watch if you're into brit-coms.

  • Tell No-One

I also don't really know much about this either. It's a French thriller which has been very well reviewed, and received a fantastic reception in France earlier in the year.

Those are the main releases this week. For more, visit more movie sites - there's loads of links on the right of the page.

No comments: